Currently accepting applications for 1 Full-Time vacancy.
Emergency Services Dispatch (Full-Time)
$16.00 - $17.00/hour depending upon qualifications and experience, with the possibility of additional experienced based pay.
For experienced dispatchers a $500/yr incentive is offered for each year of emergency dispatch experience (maximum of 5 years; up to $2500) payable upon completion of a 6 month probationary period. Years of experience are approved at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
Receives requests for police, fire, and emergency medical assistance from the public. Dispatches and/or relays calls for service to the appropriate police, fire, and emergency medical agencies or units. Assists emergency service agencies by collecting, retrieving, and disseminating information vital to operations. Acts as a jailer providing supervision, cleaning duties, meals and phone calls for prisoners. Works under general supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor. Requires ability to work both day and night shifts in increments of 8-12 hours. May include working holidays.
Dispatch is emotionally difficult and stressful, but one of the most fulfilling experiences your will ever have.
Dispatch is a career, not just a job.
Dispatchers are professionals with specialized skills and talents that are unique to that profession.
The hiring process is somewhat extensive, but the goal is to hire the best. This is a career that truly makes a difference in the community, one that offers personal and professional fulfillment, stability and a sense of pride.
• City of Owasso offers Regular Full-Time employees excellent Retirement and Health benefits including, including medical, dental and vision plans.
• Health insurance premiums are covered 100% for employee, and family coverage is available at a very affordable rate.
• Defined Benefit pension plan is available through the Oklahoma Municipal Retirement fund, as well as an optional retirement savings plan with 50% matching funds on up to 2% of your earnings.
• For a detailed summary of benefits, go to: https://www.cityofowasso.com/261/Summary-of-Benefits.
• Regular, multiple or conflicting demands, time pressures, deadlines, or emergencies
• Regular sustained concentration
• Some physical effort or dexterity
• Sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time
• Viewing computer screen and inputting data, sometimes for sustained periods of time
• Conversing by telephone and radio, communicating with and assisting the public and police and fire personnel during emergency and non-emergency situations
• Subject to emergency call-ins, shift hold over and schedule reassignment for the good of the service.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required
Deadline for Application: OPEN UNTIL FILLED