$15.00 with the possibility of additional experienced based pay.
• $500/yr incentive for experience as an Emergency Services Dispatcher, payable upon completion of probationary period, maximum of 5 years. *Years of experience are approved at the discretion of the Chief of Police
Under general supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor, receives requests for police, fire, and emergency medical assistance from the public. Dispatches and/or relays calls for service to the appropriate police, fire, and emergency medical agencies or units. Assists emergency service agencies by collecting, retrieving, and disseminating information vital to operations. Acts as a jailer providing supervision, cleaning duties, meals and phone calls for prisoners. Requires ability to work both day and night shifts in increments of 8-12 hours. May include working holidays.
The Owasso Police Department has an opening for dispatcher.
• Dispatchers start at $15.00 per hour payable every two weeks.
• For experienced dispatchers we offer a $500 bonus for each year of emergency dispatch experience (up to $2500) payable upon completion of a 6 month probationary period.
• We offer incredible benefits to our employees. We offer medical, dental and vision plans. Health insurance premiums are free for the employee and family coverage is available at a very affordable rate.
• We offer a retirement plan through the Oklahoma Municipal Retirement fund and an optional payroll savings plan with 50% matching funds on up to 2% of your earnings.
Dispatch is emotionally difficult and stressful, but one of the most fulfilling experiences your will ever have.
Dispatch is a career, not just a job.
Dispatchers are professionals with specialized skills and talents that are unique to that profession.
The hiring process is somewhat extensive, because we want the best. If you would like a career that truly makes a difference for your community, one that offers personal and professional fulfillment, stability and a sense of pride, apply for a position at the Owasso Police
• Regular, multiple or conflicting demands, time pressures, deadlines, or emergencies
• Regular sustained concentration
• Some physical effort or dexterity
• Sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time
• Viewing computer screen and inputting data, sometimes for sustained periods of time
• Conversing by telephone and radio, communicating with and assisting the public and police and fire personnel during emergency and non-emergency situations
• Subject to emergency call-ins, shift hold over and schedule reassignment for the good of the service.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required
Deadline for Application: OPEN UNTIL FILLED