EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
$45,000-$55,000 depending upon qualifications and experience
Under general direction of the Support Services Director. The coordinator has the primary responsibility within the City to develop and maintain a comprehensive Emergency Management program. This position coordinates the day-to-day Emergency Management activities for the City of Owasso to include preparing for, responding to, coordination during, recovering from and mitigating disasters in all forms. Responsibilities include the maintenance and implementation of the Emergency Operation Plan, coordination with other city department , public/private entities and contact with the general public relating to Emergency Management. Responsible for professional public contact including the gathering and dissemination of information, potentially during adverse or emergency situations.
• Coordinate the planning, organization and implementation of local Emergency Management activities, to include coordinating with County, State, and Federal Emergency Management and related agencies, when necessary, to ensure the City of Owasso has a complete, effective and robust Emergency Management program.
• Establish, manage, operate and maintain the Emergency Operations Center. Direct Emergency Operations Center functions and staff during disaster operations.
• Coordinate all Emergency Management planning to include the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, Emergency Operations Plan and Mitigation Plan.
• Manage the various resources of the Department to include the operation of the EOC, day to day activities of the Department, implementation of various projects and the preparation and maintenance of the EM budget.
• Coordinate Emergency Management activities internally with other City Departments and externally with other local, State and Federal agencies.
• Ensure the City’s Emergency Operations Center is properly staffed at all times.
• Develop and provide Emergency Management and preparedness training to internal customers, partners, civic organizations, schools and the general public.
• Ensure the development of, and coordinate maintenance of the city’s pre-incident response plans for non-residential occupancies.
• Coordinate and direct volunteer organizations. ie: CERT, EARS, etc.
• Implement and manage the various technologies for the Department including the outdoor warning devices (OWD), Emergency Alert System, Emergency Notification System, radio and various computer systems. Utilize various EM computer applications.
• Ensure the City is in compliance with local, State and Federal Emergency Management requirements including NIMS, ICS, resource categorization, exercise programs, UASI, regional evacuations, Hazardous Tier II reports, etc.
• Prepare grant applications. Manage various grant programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned in a positive manner which supports the vision and strategic objectives of the division/department and the entire organization of the City of Owasso.
• Valid Oklahoma Drivers’ License with acceptable driving record.
• Bachelors’ degree in emergency management, public administration or other related field, or combination of education and experience.
• Certified as an Emergency Manager or the ability to obtain such certification.
• Technician or greater Amateur Radio Operator’s License from the Federal Communications Commission.
• Misc. on call, weekends, shift work
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required