Responsible for first aid, fire suppression and rescue work involving personal injury, illness and traumatic situations, also is under the direction of the Station Captain.
Work involves training for and participating in the preservation of lives in emergency situations. Primary duties are to ride in assigned ambulance or fire apparatus to an emergency scene and, if need, on to hospitals. Work also involves continual training in emergency and first aid techniques, geography of the town, efficient operation of medical calls and fire fighting methods. Individuals in this classification are also assigned other related duties when not handling emergencies such as maintaining equipment, housekeeping, and attending schools and workshops.
Individuals in this class are alone with patient in the back of the ambulance while transporting and must be able to perform services single handedly. The attendant is the most experienced of Medics and should know considerable first aid and rescue procedures.
All communication is done through email, if you do not receive an email within three business days of submitting your application, please check your spam or junk mail, and if you still can not locate an email with further instructions, contact Marlo Swanson at 918-376-1538.
Work days vary due to shift rotation. On duty 24 hours, off duty 48 hours.
Firefighter/Paramedic beginning salary: $50,500*
Firefighter/EMT Advance enrolled in Paramedic School beginning salary: $43,700*
Firefighter/EMT Basic enrolled in Paramedic School beginning salary: $40,800*
*Includes EMT propay, does not include education propay
Applicants currently employed with another municipal Fire Department who possess an IFSAC-Firefighter I Certification and have previous Advance Life Support experience may be eligible for lateral entry based on the Fire Chief’s review of qualifications and work history, maximum of 5 steps of experience based pay according to current contact.
• Must be State of Oklahoma Paramedic Certified; or Certified E.M.T. Basic/Advance enrolled and in good standing in a Paramedic Program. Verification of enrollment and status will be required.
• Must have High School Degree or G.E.D.
• Must be at least eighteen years of age
• Must pass written test, physical agility test and oral examinations.
• Must pass interviews with Chief and City Manager
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers License with good driving record
• Must pass a criminal background investigation
• Must successfully pass OK Firefighters Pension & Retirement physical and drug screening
Hiring Process Time Line:
Deadline for Application: June 29th by 12pm
Deadline for Requested Documentation: July 6th by 12pm
(Includes certifications and licensing)
Offer for employment contingent on Preliminary Testing, Oral Review Board, Chief’s Interview, City Manager Interview, Pension Physical, Background Investigation and Drug Screening.