25 flexible hours per week
Under the direction of the Economic Development Director, the Economic Development Coordinator will conduct research, marketing, and correspondence with diverse stakeholders in support of Owasso’s business development, retention and recruitment efforts, project development plans, workforce development, the Owasso Economic Development Strategic Plan, and the City of Owasso’s Redbud District Development. The Economic Development Coordinator will manage data bases for inquiries, available commercial properties and marketing efforts and maintain an appropriate data base on transportation, utilities, and other infrastructure. They will assist in the development of recruitment proposals and responses to questionnaires from prospective industry.
The Economic Development Coordinator will assist with meetings and communication with the Owasso Economic Development Authority and committees associated with the Economic Development Department. They will work with other staff members on marketing projects and assist with events and meetings coordination.
The Economic Development Coordinator is ideal for individuals seeking part-time work in economic development, community development, policy & politics, urban development and real estate. The position is designed for ambitious individuals with a desire to make an impact on the Owasso community.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products
• Office experience preferred
• Valid Oklahoma Drivers’ License with a good driving record
• Have strong interests in economic development, community development, urban development, municipal government, real estate, business, public policy or economics.
• Have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, time competency and organization skills.
• Be an ambitious self-starter seeking to use the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally, gain new perspectives and experiences, and make a lasting impact on the community in which they are serving.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required
Deadline for Application: OPEN UNTIL FILLED