Human Resources Analyst—Recruiting & Hiring
Under general supervision of the Human Resources Director, coordinates the City’s recruitment and selection process to assure adherence to Human Resources policies and procedures and coordinates interview and examination procedures with department, responsible for new hire orientation.
$14.00-$21.00/hour depending upon qualifications and experience
• Coordinates employee recruitment and selection processes for City departments as requested; coordinate job advertisements, application review, testing, and selection.
• Coordinates with departments to define recruitment needs and timelines; oversees technical HR procedures, prepares announcements and advertisements, recommends advertisement methods, and works with departments to develop applicant screening criteria and evaluation instruments.
• Works with departments to review applications for minimum qualifications and monitors other screening procedures to assure consistency of methodology and compliance with rules and regulations; coordinates performance testing, proctors examinations, reviews, and compiles test results.
• Works with departments to coordinate and schedule interviews; assists in development of interview questions and orientation for oral examination board members; assists with interviewing procedures and participates in interview process; assists with rating and evaluating applicants for suitability; advises applicants on documentation requirements; compiles and maintains eligibility lists.
• Coordinates the selection and notification process maintaining effective communication through all phases of the recruitment and selection process.
• Conducts new hire orientation and coordinates completion of documents for benefits and payroll processing.
• Processes and reviews for accuracy requests for changes in pay.
• Responds to written and verbal employment verifications.
• Provide information and general assistance to City staff regarding human resources policies and procedures; answer questions and provide information regarding personnel actions, payroll, employee records, benefits and other related matters
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of interviewing experience in Human Resources
• Proficient knowledge of employment laws, I-9 compliance, and eVerify
• Experience with iCIMS application system a plus
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, strong customer service and interpersonal skills and must be collaborative in nature when working with others.
• Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and able to be flexible with changing priorities while producing quality work with a high attention to detail.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required
Open Until Filled